Software Engineer - C++ & Python
Orbex is looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our Mission Control & Ground Segment software. You will primarily be working in C++ and Python. This is a unique opportunity to join the space sector and to have your work play an integral role in our launch into orbit!
Orbex is a leading micro-launch company with our Prime vehicle being prepared to launch from our home spaceport, Space Hub Sutherland. We are well placed to be one of the first operational micro-launch companies in Europe with over €40m of project financing secured, a number of customers signed up, our launch licence application submitted, and backing from organisations including UKSA and ESA.
We are a rapidly growing company with staff located between our production and test facilities in Forres, Scotland and Copenhagen, Denmark. Working on cutting edge advances in rocket fuel technology, Prime’s carbon footprint is up to 96% lower than comparable vehicles, leading to innovations in propulsion and tank structures. A state-of-the-art re-flight system means we can recover and reuse our technology, and innovations in separation mechanisms mean we leave no debris in space.
Having developed in-house production capability, we can 3D print complex engines, produce full-scale carbon composite fuel tanks, and have avionics and software testing labs in both Scotland and Denmark.
The position includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop GUI desktop applications used to real-time monitor mission critical systems.
• Develop database interfaces and configuration management.
• Develop software with network interfaces like UDP, TCP/IP.
• Protocols for data distribution between Launch Vehicle system and the ground Segment.
Skills and Experience
• Several years of experience with networking software, databases and GUI development.
• Several years of experience with several programming languages like Python or C++.
• Experience with mission-critical software from either the Space, Transport, Medical or similar industry with strong requirements for quality of the software solutions.
• Experience in documentation and communication of software specifications, preferably for mission-critical or safety-critical software.
Personal characteristics of the applicants:
• Assumes responsibility for the tasks and sees them through.
• Very good communication skills in both oral and written form, as well as interpersonal communication.
• Is a team player that sees collaboration with co-employees as a very important part of creating good results both short and long term.
•Thrives in an international environment with collaboration across cultures and borders.
This role is based in Copenhagen at Orbex’s propulsion engineering and manufacturing site
Copenhagen is one of Europe's most modern and aesthetically interesting cities. It is regarded as being one of the most livable cities in the world, with a strong reputation for being clean, green and sustainable.
With a huge, active waterfront and a lively social scene, Copenhagen offers a wide range of social activities and leisure opportunities, all with a uniquely Scandinavian flair. Activities include cycling and sailing, and the centre of the city is famed for it's cultural highlights.
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
• Salary commensurate with experience .
• An equity stake in the company so you will really benefit from your hard work as the company grows and is successful.
• Our roles need to be on-site in Copenhagen due to export controls and security, but we are happy to sponsor visas for you and your family and provide relocation assistance as required.