Orbex is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join our finance team at our Forres location. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will play a crucial role in supporting various financial activities, including the preparation of subsidiary management accounts, financial analysis, and reporting.
Orbex is a leading micro-launch company with our Prime vehicle being prepared to launch from our home spaceport, Sutherland Spaceport. We are well placed to be one of the first operational micro-launch companies in Europe with over €85m of project financing secured, a number of customers signed up, our launch licence application submitted, and backing from organisations including UKSA and ESA.
We are a rapidly growing company with staff located between our production and test facilities in Forres, Scotland and Copenhagen, Denmark. Working on cutting-edge advances in rocket fuel technology, Prime’s carbon footprint is up to 96% lower than comparable vehicles, leading to innovations in propulsion and tank structures. A state-of-the-art re-flight system means we can recover and reuse our technology, and innovations in separation mechanisms mean we leave no debris in space.
Having developed in-house production capability, we can 3D print complex engines, produce full-scale carbon composite fuel tanks, and have avionics and software testing labs in both Scotland and Denmark. Based in Forres, you will be right in the heart of this fast-paced cutting-edge company, gaining a unique insight into what it takes to build a new launch vehicle for a buoyant commercial market.
Orbex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is working towards a more diverse workforce in the aerospace industry.
As a Management Accountant you will report directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for: -
- Support to the FC for a range of activities in preparation of subsidiary management accounts (including an overseas subsidiary and the spaceport company) and as required some analysis of group consolidated accounts.
- Development and preparation of management reports and analysis of financial performance versus budget.
- Preparation of statistical/compliance reporting information as required.
- Support the FC on the annual statutory audit and other audits.
- Assistance as required in the budget and forecast process.
- Working closely with non-Finance personnel where required on costing/inventory matters.
- Working closely with the FC to ensure all month end tasks are completed within agreed timelines.
Improvements – continuously look for process improvements, presenting ideas to make the finance function more efficient and controls more effective.
- Applicants must be fully qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years corporate experience.
- Manufacturing environment experience preferable or project hardware experience.
- Strong management accounting experience.
- Must understand costing, Bills of Materials, and inventory accounting.
- Experienced with ERP systems. The ability to enquire and report from ERP is strongly preferred (We use Infor Syteline). Excellent Excel skills.
- Smart and ambitious and looking to advance in a fast-paced dynamic Group.
Orbex is a high-paced, startup culture where you will be encouraged to take assume responsibility for tasks and see them through.
It is imperative that you take initiative, communicate openly and can collaborate with technical and non technical team members.
You must be able to thrive in an international, diverse and multicultural environment.
This role is primarily based in Forres at Orbex’s headquarters,
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.
You must be a UK or European citizen or from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You will be required to obtain CTC clearance for the role.
For the right candidate, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
- Competitive salary: £46-56K
- An equity stake in the company so you will really benefit from your hard work as the company grows and is successful.
- Our roles need to be on-site in Scotland due to the nature of the position, export controls and security, but we are happy to sponsor visas for you and your family and provide relocation assistance as required.
- Company Cycle to Work scheme