Orbex is looking for two experienced HR Advisors to join the team in Forres, Moray. Through the role you will provide comprehensive HR support and guidance to employees and managers across various departments. Your primary goal will be to ensure the effective implementation of HR policies, procedures, and best practices, fostering a positive work environment and supporting the business to grow.
As Europe's leading private launch services provider, Orbex is an innovative, fast-paced, and ambitious company. We are looking for someone who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running with a positive work ethos, excellent attention to detail to deliver work efficiently and accurately.
Orbex is a leading micro-launch company with our Prime vehicle being prepared to launch from our home spaceport, Sutherland Spaceport. We are well placed to be one of the first operational micro-launch companies in Europe with over €85m of project financing secured, a number of customers signed up, our launch licence application submitted, and backing from organisations including UKSA and ESA.
We are a rapidly growing company with staff located between our production and test facilities in Forres, Scotland and Copenhagen, Denmark. Working on cutting-edge advances in rocket fuel technology, Prime’s carbon footprint is up to 96% lower than comparable vehicles, leading to innovations in propulsion and tank structures. A state-of-the-art re-flight system means we can recover and reuse our technology, and innovations in separation mechanisms mean we leave no debris in space.
Having developed in-house production capability, we can 3D print complex engines, produce full-scale carbon composite fuel tanks, and have avionics and software testing labs in both Scotland and Denmark. Based in Forres, you will be right in the heart of this fast-paced cutting-edge company, gaining a unique insight into what it takes to build a new launch vehicle for a buoyant commercial market.
Orbex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is working towards a more diverse workforce in the aerospace industry.
Your role will be delivering a range of human resource services including:
- Assisting with the development and review of HR policies, procedures, and programmes to ensure compliance with employment law, regulations, and best practices;
- Providing advice and guidance to employees and managers across the employment life cycle ensuring fair and consistent application of company policies and procedures;
- Supporting new employees during the onboarding process and at orientation sessions to ensure successful integration;
- Advising managers on performance management processes, including goal-setting, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions;
- Working with managers to address employee concerns, investigate, and resolve employee relations issues;
- Participating in HR initiatives and contributing to continuous improvement efforts;
- Inputting, managing, and analysing people related data in line with general data protection regulations; and,
- Keeping up to date with UK employment legislation and best practices and advising of potential impacts and recommended action.
The role will likely develop in line with the ability and ambition of the successful applicant.
It is essential that you have:
- Completed secondary level education or higher,
- A CIPD or equivalent qualification in HR, or are working towards obtaining this;
- Spent time working in a previous HR Advisor role or equivalent;
- Experience of advising at a range of levels with the ability to build strong rapport with people;
- Proven knowledge of HR principles, methods, best practices, and UK employment law;
- Excellent HRIS and IT skills, and experience of Office 365 – word, excel, PowerPoint;
- The ability to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality; and,
- Strong written, spoken, and visual communication skills.
Orbex is a fast-moving company with a lot going on every day. We are looking for a colleague who works hard, delivers reliably, and put the team above themselves. Typically, you will:
- Have a mature and professional personality with a personable and helpful nature;
- Be flexible, dedicated, and trustworthy;
- Be calm under pressure; and,
- Thrive working in a diverse, developing, and multicultural environment.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex’s headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.
You must be a UK or European citizen or from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo BPSS security screening including a criminal record check.
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary;
- An equity stake in the company so you will really benefit from your hard work as the company grows and is successful; and,
- A company cycle to work scheme.